Justice Secretary Fredderick Vida on Tuesday said that gaming tycoon Charlie “Atong” Ang, who is facing cases related to the missing sabungeros (cockfighting enthusiasts), is still in the country, based on relevant information from official channels.
“We have member countries who are cooperating with us, and we are exploring all avenues, including the diplomatic community. We’re exploring all the channels,” Vida said in mixed Filipino and English.
The Department of Justice (DOJ) chief cited the records of the Bureau of Immigration (BI), which he said were the formal channels.
However, Vida said that he cannot predict when Ang will be arrested, adding that law enforcement agencies are continuing their operations to track down and arrest the businessman.
Last week, the DOJ confirmed that Ang’s camp filed a motion to defer proceedings, resulting in the delay of the release of another arrest warrant against him by a Laguna court.
Meanwhile, Sta. Cruz, Laguna, and Lipa City, Batangas courts have already issued arrest warrants last month.
Ang faces kidnapping with homicide, as well as kidnapping and serious illegal detention cases.







