Muntinlupa City Mayor Ruffy Biazon has once again summoned the top management of Maynilad Water Services Inc. to explain the service interruptions affecting the city.
In two letters dated March 11, Biazon asked for a meeting with the concessionaire’s senior management to present a plan to address the water outages.
The letters were addressed to Maynilad President and CEO Ramoncito Fernandez and Chief Operating Officer Christopher Lichauco.
“It is lamentable that Maynilad is unable to properly inform its customers about the service interruption in a timely, efficient, and effective manner,” Biazon said. “Residents of Muntinlupa are caught off guard and are unable to prepare.
The uncertainty of service restoration also causes undue stress, inconvenience, and lost productivity.”
Biazon also urged compensation for customers affected by the water interruptions.
“At the least, there should be a rebate to customers who have been deprived of the quality of service Maynilad is obligated to deliver to the people,” he said.
The mayor also criticized the water provider’s lack of coordination with the local government.
“Government itself is not spared from this failure to communicate by Maynilad. We are also in the dark about what is going on, which forces us to initiate contact instead of Maynilad proactively engaging the local government,” he said.
Biazon noted that the water interruptions are occurring even as Maynilad operates two water treatment plants along Laguna de Bay.
While the company deploys water tankers for emergency distribution, Biazon said the effort is insufficient to support all affected subscribers.
Last month, Biazon held a town hall meeting with Maynilad officials following the water interruptions. The company attributed the service issues to operational challenges at its treatment facility.







