Monday, May 18, 2026
Today's Print

PhilSA warns of possible rocket debris near Palawan

The Philippine Space Agency (PhilSA) warned on Monday that debris from China’s recent launch of its Long March 12 rocket may have fallen within Philippine archipelagic waters.

In an advisory, PhilSA said the possible drop zones are about 22 nautical miles off Puerto Princesa, Palawan, and 14 nautical miles from the Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park.

- Advertisement -

The rocket was launched from the Hainan International Commercial Launch Site in Wenchang, Hainan, at around 3:48 p.m. on Monday.

PhilSA said unburned rocket debris, such as boosters and fairings, could pose risks to ships, aircraft, fishing boats, and other vessels passing through the area and may also drift toward nearby coasts.

The agency urged the public to report any suspected debris to local authorities and warned against retrieving or touching materials that may contain toxic substances. Loud explosions believed to be sonic booms from the launch were again heard in Palawan, the fourth such incident since August last year.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img