The Southern Police District said on Monday that an alleged driver linked to the National Bureau of Investigation who was arrested following the May 13 shooting incident at the Senate tested positive for gunpowder nitrates.
SPD Public Information Office chief Lieutenant Margaret Panaga said the paraffin test conducted by Scene of the Crime Operatives yielded positive results.
“Yes, based on the SOCO results, it tested positive for gunpowder nitrates. That paraffin test checks for the presence of nitrate particles that are commonly associated with gunpowder,” Panaga said during a media interview at the Philippine National Police Press Corps office in Camp Crame, Quezon City.
Panaga said authorities were still determining the extent of the suspect’s involvement in the shooting incident.
“That’s what we’re still learning from the investigation that will be conducted today,” she said.
“At this time, we cannot provide conclusive details because the investigation is still ongoing,” she added.
The suspect was arrested by members of the Police Security and Protection Group who responded to the incident at the Senate building.
Panaga said the suspect had undergone inquest proceedings and is facing several charges, including violations of Republic Act 10591 or the Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act.
“This driver was inquest last week. What was filed against him is RA 10591, alarm and scandal, tumults and disturbance of public order, resistance and disobedience to a person in authority or his agent, disturbance of proceedings, trespass to property and violation of Senate security and direct assault,” Panaga said.







