spot_img
27.3 C
Philippines
Friday, July 19, 2024

Laptop charger catches fire in Dumaguete Airport

- Advertisement -

The Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines advised the public to thoroughly inspect their gadgets before plugging them into airport outlets following an incident at Dumaguete Airport on Sunday night.

In a report received by CAAP Area Center 7, a laptop emitted smoke while it was being charged at an electrical outlet in the departure area around 8:23 p.m.

CAAP security personnel responded and used a fire extinguisher to put out the burning charger.

The fire was fully extinguished after around three minutes, but at least 160 air travelers were temporarily relocated to the ramp area due to the strong smoke scent in the area.

The passengers were instructed to return to the pre-departure area by 8:40 p.m. and no flights have been affected.

CAAP urges the public to be vigilant with their electronic gadgets at airports, ensuring they are properly inspected and in good condition.

Electronics and gadgets like laptops, tablets, and cameras should also be placed in hand-carry baggage, and don’t bring firearms, and live and non-live bullets.

To prevent incidents involving unauthorized electronic devices, local airlines implement strict guidelines and conduct regular fire drill training for flight crew.

LATEST NEWS

Popular Articles