President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. will remain in the country and has no travel plans as the nation welcomes the New Year, Malacañang said.
Presidential Communications Office Undersecretary Claire Castro said the president will usher in the New Year with his family and loved ones.
“The president is here, and no travel will take place. He will welcome the New Year with his family and loved ones,” Castro said.
Castro previously stated that President Marcos is expected to review the 2026 national budget during the holidays, before signing it in the first week of January.
Earlier, Executive Secretary Ralph Recto said the administration received the ratified budget on December 29 and is scrutinizing all allocations and provisions to account for changes from the originally submitted National Expenditure Program.
“The president and his team are scrutinizing all allocations and provisions to fully account for any changes from the originally submitted National Expenditure Program,” Recto said.
The General Appropriations Act outlines government spending priorities for 2026 and is considered a key legislative measure for the administration’s economic and social programs.
Malacañang said preparations for the signing are underway following the completion of the review process.







