Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Today's Print

DOJ mulls adding more names in case buildup on flood control anomalies

More individuals may be included in the ongoing case build-up being conducted by the Department of Justice (DOJ) in connection to the anomalous flood control projects in the country.

“In the future, yes, it is a process, we have to evaluate. This is not the end of it, probably next Saturday we will still be here, we will be back,” Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin Remulla told reporters over the weekend.

- Advertisement -

Contractors Cezarah “Sarah” and Pacifico “Curlee” Discaya earlier returned to the DOJ on Saturday for the continuation of the evaluation of their testimony.

Among the pieces of evidence submitted by the Discayas were ledgers, computer notes, and previous statements requested by the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee.

Last week, the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) recommended the prosecution of 21 individuals for case build-up with the National Prosecution Service (NPS).

The list includes Ako Bicol Rep. Elizaldy “Zaldy” Co, Senators Francis Escudero, Joel Villanueva, and Jinggoy Estrada.

Other individuals named were former Senator Bong Revilla, Usec. Mitch Cajayon-Uy, former DPWH Engineers Henry Alcantara, Brice Hernandez, and Jaypee Mendoza, as well as former Undersecretary Roberto Bernardo, Engr. Arjay Domasig, Maynard Ngu, Carleen Villa, John Carlo Rivera, Linda Macanas, Juanito Mendoza, Sally Santos, Jesse Mahusay, alias “Beng Ramos”, and alias “Mina”, alias “Andrei Balatbat”.

The recommendation stemmed from the sworn testimonies of Bernardo, Alcantara, Hernandez, and Mendoza.

Meanwhile, the Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI) yesterday announced that its hearings will not be livestreamed to avoid external influences from affecting the proceedings’ integrity.

“Currently, the ICI hearings are not live-streamed. This is the present policy of the commission. The initial hearings, so far, are for purposes of case build-up for criminal, civil, and administrative action,” ICI executive director Brian Keith Hosaka said in a statement.

“The ICI is avoiding trial by publicity, and will not allow it to be used for any political leverage or agenda by any individual or group,” he added.

Nonetheless, Hosaka said that the Commission will study ways to address the public’s clamor for greater transparency.

“The commission is aware of the request of the public for the live-streaming of the hearings. I will discuss this matter with the commission for a solution that will both balance the request for more transparency and the protection of individual rights,” he assured.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img