Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Today's Print

SONA 2025: People behind missing ‘sabungeros’ to be held accountable

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. on Monday vowed to hold accountable those involved in the missing “sabungeros” (cockfight enthusiasts) case.

“The entire administration is cooperating to resolve the cases of those missing due to the impunity committed by syndicates behind the dark world of cockfighting,” Mr. Marcos said in Filipino during his fourth State of the Nation Address (SONA).

- Advertisement -

“We will pursue and hold accountable the brains and accomplices, whether they’re civilians or officials,” he added.

Regardless of whether they are powerful, big, or rich, these criminals will not be able to evade the law, according to the President.

“Above all, we will make the culprits feel the weight of the punishment for their heinous crime,” Marcos said.

The search for the missing sabungeros, which had already yielded what appeared to be human remains recovered from Taal Lake, was previously suspended due to the inclement weather.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img