Christmas shopping is not for the faint of heart. From braving throngs of people, enduring traffic jams, hunting down presents, to surviving long checkout queues, shopping for the holidays can be quite stressful.
One way to survive the Christmas rush is to prepare ahead of your shopping trip by listing down potential gift items for each person on your list.
Having a gift list helps you navigate your way as you shop, and gives you the leeway to think of unique items to match each recipient’s personality.
Although gift giving is a blessing unto itself, there is different level of joy and satisfaction when the gift giver has made time to come up with a present that their loved one will truly to enjoy. Here’s a rundown of gift ideas according to personality type that you may want to consider while Christmas shopping.
- For the sports buff. Do you have a sports buff friend who is almost always at the gym, on a track, or training for a competition? Give them your full support by gifting them with wireless earphones or a sports headset that will help them get in the zone while training. You can also give them a microfiber towel or a travel toiletry caddy that can help them refresh after their rigorous training session.
- For the digital nomad. Working online has been the norm the past few years so it’s not uncommon to have friends who have truly upped the ante of remote work by literally working while on the road, on an island, or a trip overseas. Make telecommuting easier for your digital nomad buddy by gifting them with tools that can make working remotely easier for them. A convertible laptop sleeve desk or smart stand, and foldable keyboard can help them easily set up an ergonomic workstation wherever they are. You may also consider buying them a travel gadget pouch that can secure all of their devices while on the road.
- For the globetrotter or adventurer. Frequent travelers always appreciate items that ease their travel woes and concerns. Smart tags or GPS trackers that can attached on luggage, gadgets, keys and other important items can help travel-bound friends keep an eye on their valuables. Other gift ideas that they’ll surely appreciate are packing cubes, packable bags, travel adapter and journal.
- For the outdoorsman. Know someone who’s into camping, hiking, trekking, or who just loves the outdoors? Buy them gear that will level up their future camp sites such as tent, folding camping chairs, portable stove, cooking gear, emergency blankets, sleeping gear, tools or solar powered electronics.
- For the people closest to your heart. When it comes to family and loved ones, the best present you can give them is a safety net from the unknown and unexpected. Accidents, mishaps, and misadventures happen when you least expect them. With the help of Malayan Insurance Co. Inc.’s i4U Card, you can shield loved ones from the financial and physical impact of personal accidents. The i4U Card is a prepaid personal accident insurance policy that covers accidental death and dismemberment of the recipient policy holder for as low as P35.00. It’s insurance covers range from P10,000.00, P20,000.00 and P50,000.00. For more information on i4U, visit www.malayanonline.com
- For family-oriented persons. Friends who care deeply about their families will appreciate tokens that can remind them of their closely-knit ties. Present them with family portraits, sketches, digital picture frames, or a family photo shoot studio session that will always remind them of their loved ones. You may also opt to give them a board game, a DIY cooking or baking kit, or even a staycation package so they can have more bonding time as a family.
Show your family and friends that you care by giving them thoughtful tokens that are in step with their interests, hobbies, and personalities. Doing so will not only express how much they matter to you but also give you a deeper sense of fulfillment and joy.