spot_img
26.9 C
Philippines
Friday, April 4, 2025
26.9 C
Philippines
Friday, April 4, 2025

Kim Soo-hyun breaks silence on Kim Sae-ron allegations

Estimated reading time: 2 minutes and 9 seconds
16px

South Korean actor Kim Soo-hyun finally addressed the swirling allegations linking him to the tragic death of his former girlfriend, actress Kim Sae-ron.

Speaking for the first time since Kim Sae Ron’s passing, Soo-hyun held press conference on Monday, March 31 to break his silence, weeks after speculation fueled by commentary from Sae-ron’s family and the controversial YouTube channel Garosero Institute.

- Advertisement -

During the press conference, the actor fought back his tears as he denied claims that pressure from him or his agency, GOLDMEDALIST, led to the young actress’s suicide.

“Except for the fact that both of us were actors, our relationship was like any other ordinary couple,” Soo-hyun said, according to Korea JoongAng Daily. 

“We dated with good feelings, and after some time, we broke up. After that, we couldn’t stay in touch the way we used to,” he added.

Sae-ron, 24, died earlier this year in an apparent suicide, with unconfirmed reports alleging she had been forced to shoulder a 700 million KRW debt tied to her agency’s financial troubles. Rumors spread that Soo-hyun and his management had exerted pressure on her following her 2022 drunk driving incident, where she reportedly left the agency amid growing backlash.

Soo-hyun, however, refuted the idea that he had any role in her decision or financial burden. 

“I heard from YouTube that the former CEO of the agency was struggling because of me when the drunk driving incident happenedz But I was aware that the late actress was in a relationship with someone else at the time. Because of this, I was very careful about contacting her,” Soo-hyun explained.

The actor also addressed persistent rumors regarding the timeline of their relationship. Speculation has circulated online that he began dating Sae-ron while she was still a minor. Internet users resurfaced old handwritten letters allegedly exchanged during his military service, as well as a video of what appeared to be the two on a late-night dinner while she was still in school.

Soo-hyun firmly denied any inappropriate conduct, saying their relationship only began when both were of age and that “there was no wrongdoing.”

“But the family of the late actor, just because i am the ex-boyfriend of the late actor, is asserting that I pushed her to death. They are demanding me to confess to something that I didn’t do. [They said] you played with her even from when she was a minor. You threatened her with money. So you are a murderer,” said Soo-hyun.

“Please let me explain. I am asking not just as an actor, but as a human being,” he added.

LATEST NEWS

Popular Articles