The prestigious Bb. Pilipinas 2018 search is now in the homestretch. Tonight, a new batch of beauty representatives in six important beauty pageants around the world will be crowned.
As customary every year, Manila Standard releases its Fearless Forecast, a list of favored beauties who have a good shot at the most coveted Bb. Pilipinas Universe and Bb. Pilipinas International titles, and the other four titles — Supranational, Intercontinental, Globe and Grand International — that the Bb. PIlipinas Foundation, Inc. (BPCI) is also giving equal importance.
This 10 possible winners list, a mixture of pageant newbies and regulars, is based on the girls’ appearances during the swimsuit press presentation, national costume show and the Parade of Beauties.
1. Catriona Gray, 24, is a Fil-Australian singer, model, and a graduate at Berklee College of Music. Finishing as a finalist in Miss World 2016, she is one of the biggest crossover beauties, locally and internationally, that people should watch out for. Perfect for Miss Universe, Catriona is a striking beauty who has great catwalk skills. She is eloquent and can be a good MUO ambassador being a children advocate herself.
2. Michele Gumabao, 25, is the daughter of actor Dennis Roldan. This volleyball poster girl is one of the strongest contenders in this year’s batch. A Marketing Management graduate at De La Salle, this Pinay beauty has numerous advantage including her height and her being spontaneous during interviews. It’s good to note that she has a strong fan base, too.
3. Aya Abesamis, 26, is a PMAP model, a Fine Arts graduate at University of Santo Tomas, and carries the beauty queen DNA of her mom (1984 Miss Universe 3rd runner up Desiree Verdadero) and aunt (Miss World 2003- Top 5 Mafae Yunon). Aya has a magnetic, sunny personality perfect for Miss Supranational. She is a stand-out with her exotic looks and terrific catwalk skills, and fashion style.
4. Vicky Marie Rushton, 25, is an actress and a model. She’s a former Mutya ng Pilipinas and popularly known as one of the PBB housemates in 2014. The elegant and articulate Vicky has big, expressive eyes—the quality that the Japaneses-owned pageant normally looks for in a candidate.
5. Jehza Mae Huelar, 22, is a Finance graduate at Ateneo de Davao. She won Bb. Pilipinas 2nd runner up in 2016. This eloquent Asian Barbie doll is always calm and composed. She confident shows off her svelte figure while on the catwalk.
6. Sandra Lemonon, 23, is a Fil-French beauty who graduated at Escola Portuguesa de Macao with a degree in Fine Arts. This polyglot won Miss World Philippines 4th Princess 2016 and ready to dominate the Binibini stage with her killer body, great catwalk skills and exotic looks.
Eva Psychee Patalinjug, 24, is a Nursing graduate from Cebu Doctors’ University. She was a Mutya ng Pilipinas Asia Pacific International winner.
Anjame Magbitang, 20, stands 5-foot-11 (the tallest candidate). She is a Tourism Management student and a former Miss United Continents .
Muriel Orais, 26, a Flight Attendant (Face of PAL) and Miss Earth Philippines Water 2011 winner.
Ma. Ahtisa Manalo, 20, an Accountancy graduate and a former Binibing Niyogyugan 2016 and 2017 Reyna ng Aliwan 2nd runner-up.