President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. has ordered a thorough and sustained investigation into the long-unsolved case of the missing online sabong enthusiasts, following new revelations from a witness alleging police involvement in the victims’ abduction and deaths.
In a Palace briefing on Wednesday, Presidential Communications Office Undersecretary Claire Castro said the President is closely monitoring the developments and wants all those responsible to be held accountable.
“The President’s directive is to continue the thorough investigation to find out who is really involved and hold those responsible accountable,” Castro said.
The Department of Justice (DOJ) earlier revealed that it is currently assessing the credibility and value of testimonies from four witnesses, including an alias ‘Totoy,’ to determine who may qualify for state witness protection.
Prosecutors emphasized the need for corroborating evidence, such as photos or videos, to strengthen the case.
“They really need, aside from the testimony, to have other evidence such as photos, pictures, videos if there are any, to further help in resolving this case,” Castro said.
When asked about reports suggesting that the alleged mastermind behind the disappearances wields significant influence, even within the judiciary, Malacañang reiterated its confidence in the integrity of the courts.
“We believe in the integrity of our court, and this will be resolved according to the law and according to the rule of law,” Castro said.
The case of the missing sabungeros, or online cockfighting enthusiasts, has remained unresolved for over four years, sparking public outcry and multiple investigations.
Authorities have previously implicated several police officers, but no final accountability has been established.







