Monday, May 18, 2026
Today's Print

Henry Alcantara, Sally Santos dropped from flood control cases

Former Bulacan District Engineer Henry Alcantara and SYMS Construction Trading owner Sally Santos have been dropped as respondents in cases involving alleged anomalous flood control projects in Bulacan, the Department of Justice (DOJ) said.

“Respondents Alcantara and Santos were no longer indicted following their admission as state witnesses under the WPP [Witness Protection Program] provided they fully comply with their obligations in accordance with RA No. 6981,” DOJ spokesperson Polo Martinez said Thursday.

- Advertisement -

The two were cleared of charges for violation of Article 217 in relation to Article 171 of the Revised Penal Code (malversation through falsification by a public officer) and Section 3(e) of Republic Act No. 3019, or the Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act.

The DOJ said three malversation cases involving SYMS Construction Trading have been filed on separate dates before a regional trial court in Bulacan.

“Following Supreme Court Resolution A.M. 25-10-24-SC, the cases were then transferred to RTC QC as a designated special court for corruption-related cases arising from anomalous flood control and infrastructure projects,” Martinez said.

He added that two cases involving the company were referred to the Office of the Ombudsman, while three others were filed directly by the DOJ before regular courts.

Earlier this year, Alcantara and Santos were named state witnesses in the government’s investigation into the alleged anomalous flood control projects.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img