President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. on Friday underscored the need to strengthen small businesses and equip workers with new skills as industries evolve due to digital technology and artificial intelligence.
Speaking at the Trabaho at Negosyo program organized by Go Negosyo, Mr. Marcos said the government is expanding employment programs and support services for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to help Filipinos adapt to economic and technological changes.
“Industries are being reshaped by digital technology and artificial intelligence or AI. Traditional jobs are transforming. The skills that were once optional, now they are essential,” the President said.
Mr. Marcos expressed confidence that Filipino workers can keep pace with these changes.
“Alam naman natin na sa kabila ng mga hamon, maabilidad at madiskarte ang ating mga kababayan (We know that despite the challenges, our countrymen are capable and strategic),” he said.
The event gathered government officials, private sector partners and job seekers, including Trade Secretary Cristina Roque, Pasay City Mayor Emi Calixto-Rubiano, and Go Negosyo founder Joey Concepcion III.
Mr. Marcos praised Concepcion for his long-standing advocacy for entrepreneurship and support for MSMEs.
The Trabaho at Negosyo program featured learning sessions with industry experts, a job fair connecting job seekers with employers, and one-stop services from agencies such as the Department of Trade and Industry, Technical Education and Skills Development Authority, and the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
Mr. Marcos said the government continues to simplify business services and expand access to financing and support programs through initiatives such as Negosyo Centers.
He added that more than 2,300 job fairs were held nationwide last year, with over 74,000 job seekers hired on the spot.
The government is also expanding reskilling and upskilling programs, including enterprise-based training where employers directly train workers for specific industry needs.







