There is no red notice issued yet against businessman and former Ako Bicol party-list Rep. Zaldy Co, according to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI).
“Wala pang na-i-issue na red notice against Mr. Zaldy Co. Ang desisyon kasi niyan is nandoon sa Lyon, France, ‘yung Interpol mismo (No red notice has been issued yet against Mr. Zaldy Co. The decision on that rests with Interpol itself in Lyon, France),” Acting NBI Director Angelito Magno told reporters on Monday.
“Sila ang magbibigay at sila ang nag-pro-process at nag-e-evaluate ng ating mga request (They will provide that. They are the ones processing and evaluating our requests),” he added.
The NBI filed its ‘red notice’ request against Co through the Interpol on November 23, 2025. The former lawmaker is facing corruption charges in connection with his alleged role in the multibillion flood control scandal.
Co was reportedly in Stockholm, Sweden last month, according to a document attached to his petition filed before the Supreme Court (SC).
The Office of the Ombudsman recently said the petition of Co was part of his ‘dilatory tactics.’
Co’s camp filed a petition for certiorari and prohibition to prevent Ombudsman Jesus Crispin Remulla from implementing the resolution charging him.
They seek to annul the resolution for being issued with grave abuse of discretion finding probable cause for violation of the Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act and for malversation of public funds through falsification of public documents.







