Monday, May 18, 2026
Today's Print

Walang Gutom Kitchen hailed for positive impact

The Department of Social Welfare and Development has welcomed the commendation by Secretary Larry Gadon of the Office of the Presidential Adviser on Poverty Alleviation on the Walang Gutom Kitchen (WGK), a flagship food kitchen program of the social welfare agency.

DSWD spokesperson Asst. Secretary Irene Dumlao expressed gratitude to Gadon for his support to the WGK.

- Advertisement -

“(The commendation is) a validation that what we do is correct and meaningful when it is appreciated by our partners, except our beneficiaries.  Under the leadership of our Secretary Rex Gatchalian, and in accordance with the vision of our President for a hunger-free Philippines, the DSWD plans to further intensify Walang Gutom Kitchen with our partners,” Dumlao said.

The WGK was launched on December 16, 2024, led by First Lady Liza Araneta Marcos.

The soup kitchen, which offers free and nutritious meals to the most vulnerable sectors, continues to expand its reach as part of efforts to combat hunger nationwide.

Gadon participated late last year as a volunteer server, together with members of the OPAPA, assisting in the meal preparation and distribution to beneficiaries availing of the services at the WGK.

The OPAPA Secretary highlighted the kitchen’s accessible, free, and well-balanced meals to individuals and families who have limited or no access to daily food sources.

The DSWD said the WGK initiative continues to welcome donations and volunteer participation. Individuals or groups who wish to contribute food items or join the volunteer workforce may contact 0916-829-7202.

The agency said volunteers are also encouraged to register through the online form available at https://forms.gle/dVnewCCWbPyTbud16.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img