Monday, May 18, 2026
Today's Print

DPWH set to file raps vs. private builder of damaged Navotas dike

PUBLIC Works and Highways Secretary Vince Dizon said they are set to file charges against a private contractor for alleged failure to fix a section of the Navotas City coastal dike which was damaged last year.

Dizon made the announcement after conducting an on-site inspection of the severed infrastructure as the weather cleared with the exit of super typhoon “Uwan”  that spared Metro Manila of its full wrath.

- Advertisement -

The secretary was accompanied in the visit by DPWH Undersecretary Arthur Bisnar, Presidential Communications Office Undersecretary Honey Rose Mercado, Navotas Mayor John Reynald Tiangco and Navotas Rep. Toby Tiangco.

“What we area about to do is file the complaint against Hi-Tone Construction and Development Corp. for its failure to repair the dike,” Dizon told reporters.

The structure was severely damaged when a barged crashed into it in October last year during typhoon “Kristine.”

Meanwhile, the DPWH will handle the reconstruction of the dike, which is crucial for protecting residents from flooding, Dizon added.

“We will sue Hi-Tone Construction to recoup the expenses we would incur for the repair, but also to hold it accountable,” Dizon  said. 

Reports indicated that several streets in Navotas were rendered impassable for light vehicles due to floodwaters reaching 18 inches deep.

Earlier on, Hi-Tone Construction and Development Corporation was one of the Top 15 contractors identified by President Marcos for having a 20-percent share of the P545-billion budget allocated for flood control projects between July 2022 and May 2025.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img