President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. on Monday announced the launch of an interactive website that allows the public to view and monitor government flood control projects across the country, in line with his directive during last year’s State of the Nation Address.
The president said the website, “Sumbong sa Pangulo” is designed to be accessible and useful to citizens, enabling them to check the status of projects in their barangays and provide feedback.
“This will help people see if the projects in their areas are done well or not, and tell us about any problems,” President Marcos said in a briefing.
“We want to keep it simple, you just enter your barangay, and you’ll see all the flood control projects there,” he added.
The database, developed by the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), lists flood control projects that have been started, completed, or remain in progress since Marcos took office in mid-2022.
The platform features search tools, location data down to the barangay level, and interactive maps with satellite imagery.
Mr. Marcos said this is the third iteration of the website, which was finalized even while he was on an official trip to India.
The president added that the government welcomes public suggestions for additional features or information to improve transparency and accountability in infrastructure development.
Last week, Mr. Marcos vowed to hold officials accountable for billions of pesos in allegedly botched or non-existent flood control projects, saying the government will pursue investigations regardless of political alliances.







