Advertisement

NLEX Harbor Link set to open this year

NLEX Corp. said Tuesday it expects to complete the construction of the North Luzon Expressway Harbor Link Segment 10 by October this year. 

Once opened, Harbor Link Segment 10 would cut travel time from Manila Port to NLEX to only 10 minutes. 

NLEX president and chief executive Rodrigo Franco told reporters the over P11-billion NLEX Harbor Link was already 75-percent completed. Franco attended the launching of the government’s ‘Jobs, Jobs, Jobs’ portal which offers thousands of job opportunities in the infrastructure sector.

Franco said the government already delivered 90 percent of the right of way for the project.  He said the remaining 10 percent of ROW would be crucial to complete the project by October. 

NLEX Harbor Link Segment 10 is an 8.25-kilometer elevated expressway traversing NLEX from Karuhatan, Valenzuela City, passing through Malabon City, Caloocan City and extending to R-10 in Dagat-Dagatan, Navotas City.

Featured as one of the big-ticket projects in the government’s ‘Build, Build, Build’ program, the NLEX Harbor Link is envisioned to alleviate traffic congestion and drive commerce between the Harbor area and Central and North Luzon. 

It is seen to advance transport logistics and facilitate efficient delivery of goods by providing an alternative entry to NLEX, bypassing Edsa and other busy streets of Manila. 

Topics: NLEX Corp. , North Luzon Expressway Harbor Link Segment , ‘Build , Build , Build’ , Rodrigo Franco
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.
AdvertisementGMA-Congress Trivia 1
Advertisement