Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Today's Print

ABS-CBN Q1 net loss widened to P813.3m

ABS-CBN Corp. reported on Monday a consolidated net loss of P813.30 million in the first quarter of 2026, widening from a P499.7 million loss in the same period last year.

Total consolidated revenues fell 21 percent to P3.33 billion from P4.23 billion a year earlier. The company attributed the decline to lower advertising expenditures across the industry and the absence of election-related advertising, which had boosted the first quarter of 2025.

- Advertisement -

Global developments also weighed on consumer sentiment and the domestic economy during the quarter, the company said.

Content production and distribution business generated P2.76 billion in revenue, down 13 percent year-on-year. A lack of major events and movie releases further weakened performance compared to 2025, when results were lifted by a sold-out concert by pop group BINI at the Philippine Arena and the box-office success of the movie “My Love Will Make You Disappear.”

The company said it expects revenues to improve significantly over the remainder of the year. ABS-CBN actor Coco Martin will return to primetime television in June, while Star Cinema will release its first movie of the year, “Tayo Sa Wakas,” in May. BINI is also scheduled to launch a world tour in June following their appearance at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in April.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img