Tarlac solar delivers power

PetroSolar Corp., a joint-venture of PetroGreen Energy Corp.  and EEI Power Corp., successfully synchronized the 50-megawatt Tarlac solar power project to the Luzon grid on Wednesday.

The solar firm started delivering power at 4:10 p.m. on Jan. 27 as part of commissioning tests. 

PetroGreen owns 56 percent of the solar power project. It is the renewable energy subsidiary of publicly-listed PetroEnergy Resources Corp. while EEI owns the remaining 44 percent.

The solar facility covers 55 hectares of industrial land within the PEZA-registered Central Technopark in Tarlac City.

PetroSolar president Milagros Reyes described the 50-MW Tarlac solar farm as the largest single solar power facility completed in the country. 

Topics: PetroSolar Corp. , Solar power
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.
AdvertisementGMA-Congress Trivia 1