Monday, May 18, 2026
Today's Print

Filipinos affected by Hong Kong fire located—Philippine Consulate

The Philippine Consulate in Hong Kong confirmed that the last two overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) listed for verification were already in the Philippines when the Tai Po fire broke out, noting that all Filipinos who likely worked at the Wang Fuk Court complex are now accounted for.

In its latest update on Tuesday, December 2, the consulate said that 92 Filipinos are marked safe.

- Advertisement -

“The Consulate General has confirmed that of all the Filipino nationals concerned, 92 are safe and accounted for and 1 is injured and remains hospitalized. Sadly, one Filipino has been confirmed to have lost her life due to the tragic disaster,” it said.

The consulate also pledged that they will continue on-the-ground operations to check the welfare of affected OFWs and extend necessary assistance.

On November 30, the consulate confirmed the death of Maryan Pascual Esteban, an OFW who was previously reported missing.

It added that a 29-year-old OFW Rhodora ‘Jackie’ Alcaraz was recuperating in the intensive care unit (ICU) due to severe smoke inhalation sustained during the fire.

At least 151 people were killed by the tragic blaze, with more than 40 still reported missing, making it one of the deadliest fires in the city’s history.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img