Monday, May 18, 2026
Today's Print

DOJ offers P1-m bounty on Ong

THE Department of Justice (DOJ) on Tuesday announced a P1-million reward for information leading to the arrest of fugitive Cassandra Ong.

In a press briefing, Justice acting Secretary Fredderick Vida said the bounty is part of their efforts to ensure that the case against Ong will be brought to final conclusion.

- Advertisement -

“The Department of Justice is formally announcing that it will [give] P1-million reward for credible, actionable information that will directly lead to the lawful discovery, location, and subsequent arrest by authorized law enforcement agent of Cassandra Li Ong who is presently the subject of an ongoing criminal proceeding before the Regional Trial Court of Pasig City,” Vida said.

He noted that they recognize her capacity to move around, enter, and exit the country’s jurisdiction without being detected by authorities.

On that basis, they are not ruling out the possibility that Ong slipped through the back door, as the Bureau of Immigration has no record of any of her departures.

Last week, the Presidential Anti-Organized Crime Commission revealed that Ong was last tracked to Japan after being released from detention.

Meanwhile, the RTC granted the motion to cancel the passport of Ong and former presidential spokesperson Harry Roque, along with several others declared as fugitives from justice by the Philippine government.

Ong and Roque are facing qualified human trafficking case involving the Lucky South99 Scam Hub.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img