Former Senate president and chief presidential legal counsel Juan Ponce Enrile remains confined in the intensive care unit (ICU) for treatment of pneumonia, his daughter Katrina Ponce Enrile said in an official statement released Wednesday.
“He is under the dedicated care of his attending physicians and medical staff who are providing him with the best possible treatment and attention,” she said.
“We are deeply grateful for the concern, prayers, and support extended to our family during this time,” she added.
The family did not disclose further details about his condition or how long he has been hospitalized.
The 101-year-old Enrile, a longtime political figure, who has served in various government positions since the 1960s, was last seen in public at a Palace event earlier this year.
In 2022, President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. appointed him as chief presidential legal counsel.
Despite his advanced age, Enrile remained active in government and public affairs until recently.
On Tuesday, Senator Jinggoy Estrada also disclosed that Enrile is currently hospitalized and reportedly has “slim chances of surviving,” asking lawmakers to keep the elder statesman in their prayers.







