The Department of Justice (DOJ) on Monday said the initial hearing of the preliminary probe against respondents in the ghost flood control projects in Bulacan has been postponed following the suspension of work due to Typhoon Uwan (Fung-wong).
“In view of the suspension of work in government offices due to the super typhoon, the initial hearing for preliminary investigation originally scheduled on November 10, 2025, for the five cases related to flood control projects in Bulacan shall be moved to November 14, 2025 (Friday), at which time respondents will receive copies of the complaints,” Justice spokesperson Polo Martinez told reporters.
The probe was originally scheduled at 1 p.m. today, following the service of subpoenas to the respondents last month.
Among those involved in the case are Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) engineers Henry Alcantara, Brice Hernandez, Arjay Domasig, and Jaypee Mendoza.
In earlier statements, the DOJ said it aims to conclude the preliminary investigation within a month to allow for the prompt filing of charges in court.
The DOJ was previously deputized by the Office of the Ombudsman to investigate the anomalous projects.







