Philippine Airlines (PAL) has canceled 16 flights, increasing the total number of suspended flights to 30 on Monday, November 3, due to adverse weather conditions caused by Typhoon Tino.
In Manila, the passengers affected by the canceled PAL flights were those traveling to and from Siargao, Tacloban, and Butuan.
PAL has also suspended commercial flights in Cebu to and from Butuan, Borongan, and Siargao.
Typhoon Tino also caused the cancellation of at least 45 domestic flights of AirAsia Philippines that were scheduled for Tuesday, November 4.
All of the canceled flights were scheduled in Manila, impacting thousands of passengers traveling to and from Caticlan, Iloilo, Cebu, Tagbilaran, Tacloban, Bacolod, and Kalibo.
Additionally, the airline canceled four other commercial flights between Manila and Tacloban that were scheduled for Monday, November 3.
First Officer Steve Dailisan, head of Communications and Corporate Affairs at AirAsia, stated that the airline has directly informed all affected passengers through email and SMS regarding their flight status and available service recovery options.
“As the weather conditions continue to evolve, travelers heading to or from the impacted destinations on November 3 and 4, 2025, are encouraged to stay informed via the AirAsia MOVE app (airasia.com/flightstatus), the AskBo chatbot, and their registered email for the most current updates,” he said.
In response to the weather situation and in accordance with the Air Passenger Bill of Rights, AirAsia has made available service recovery options for all affected passengers:
- Move Flight – A one-time complimentary date change within 30 days of the original departure, on the same route within the AirAsia network, at no additional cost and subject to seat availability;
- Credit Account – Valid for 730 days from the date of issuance to the passenger’s AirAsia member account; and Full Refund – To be processed back to the original payment method.
“AirAsia is continuing to monitor the situation and is in close coordination with aviation authorities to provide timely and relevant information to affected guests,” said Dailisan.
The Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) previously announced the cancellation of 14 domestic flights, impacting hundreds of passengers from Sunlight Air and Cebu Pacific’s sister airline CebGo in Clark, Cebu, and Siargao.
Travelers are encouraged to verify their flight status and consider alternative travel options. The airline is making efforts to assist affected travelers as swiftly as possible.







