President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. on Friday led the turnover of 71 patient transport vehicles from the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) to local government units in Mindanao, reaffirming his administration’s commitment to improving healthcare access and empowering LGUs to lead development programs.
Speaking before local officials at the Butuan Sports Complex, President Marcos said the PCSO’s ongoing initiative has already provided ambulances to 76 percent of LGUs nationwide, with full coverage expected before year’s end.
“So far, we have been able to provide already 76 percent of LGUs in the country with at least one Patient Transport Vehicle,” Mr. Marcos said.
“GM (General Manager) Mel [Robles] promises me that we will finish the entire Philippines by the end of this year,” he added.

The new ambulances were distributed to 12 LGUs in Agusan del Norte, 20 in Surigao del Norte, 19 in Surigao del Sur, seven in the Dinagat Islands, eight in Davao de Oro, four in Davao Oriental, and one in Misamis Occidental.
Another 158 vehicles are set for delivery to Davao Region, Soccsksargen, and the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM).
President Marcos said the ambulances were designed to be durable, practical, and easy to maintain, ensuring that local governments can keep them operational even in remote areas.
Each vehicle is equipped with a stretcher, oxygen tank, wheelchair, first aid kit, blood pressure monitor, and essential medicines.
“We made sure these vehicles are complete with basic necessities,” he said. “This will make a big difference in our healthcare system because we cannot have a happy population if we do not have a healthy population,” President Marcos added.
The President also recalled instructing the PCSO to return to its charitable roots, emphasizing that proceeds from sweepstakes should directly support public health programs.







