Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Today's Print

2 OFWs lost in Hong Kong found safe—DMW

The Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) has confirmed that two missing Filipina domestic helpers previously reported missing in Hong Kong—Imee Mahilum Pabuaya, 24 and Aleli Perez Tibay 33—have been found safe.

DMW Secretary Leo Hans Cacdac said the two were last seen on October 4 in the Tsuen Wan area and were reported missing after failing to return to their employers’ homes in Happy Valley and Cheung Sha Wan. 

- Advertisement -

They were placed under the custody of the Migrant Workers Office (MWO) of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) in Hong Kong and are about to return to the Philippines.

“The two missing OFWs in Hong Kong have been found and taken to the MWO-OWWA office in HK. They were picked up from a police station and are safe and sound,” Cacdac said in a post on X, adding that the two will be “repatriated soon.” 

According to the DMW, both women were spotted in Lei Muk Shue Estate in Tsuen Wan on October 8, four days after being seen on the Lung Mun Country Trail in the area.

It was not immediately clear why the two could not be found during the 12 days they went missing.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img