More than 80,000 families have been displaced by the magnitude 6.9 earthquake that struck Bogo City, Cebu and nearby provinces earlier this week, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) reported Friday.
In its latest situation update, the agency said a total of 80,595 families — or 366,360 individuals — across 106 barangays in Central Visayas were affected.
Of these, 365 families are currently staying in eight evacuation centers, while 15,092 families are receiving aid outside.
Meanwhile, the reported death toll in the region was adjusted from 72 to 68 following validation of casualty data, according to Office of Civil Defense deputy spokesperson Diego Mariano.
“Please take note that the numbers may increase or decrease as validation of the MDM (Management of the Dead and Missing Persons) led by the DILG (Department of the Interior and Local Government) is ongoing,” he added.
Also undergoing verification are reports of 559 injured, the NDRRMC said in its update.
Damaged houses totalled 5,013, of which 4,355 are classified as “partially damaged” and 658 as “totally damaged.”
Quake displaces over 80k families; death toll at 68
- Advertisement -
Leave a review
Popular Categories







