Seeing the destruction wrought by Typhoon Opong in Masbate, President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. on Wednesday assured residents of continued government support to help them get back on their feet following the onslaught of Typhoon Opong last week.
In his remarks during the distribution of assistance to typhoon-affected families in Masbate, the President said the government will continue to assist the needs of the victims – including food, medicine, and cash assistance – as long as necessary.
“Don’t worry, the government’s support will continue as long as you need it. Even if it takes a little while because you haven’t repaired your homes, we are already supporting you,” the President said in his remarks at the Nursery Elementary School in Masbate City.
“Even if you leave the evacuation center, but you can’t return to your own homes, we will continue to supply you with this family food pack,” he added.

President Marcos expressed support to the victims of ‘Opong’ amid climate change challenges, and emphasized the government’s preemptive efforts to at least mitigate its impact.
“Just a little patience… If there is a typhoon, there will be a typhoon no matter what we do. All we can do is prepare, evacuate,” the President said. “We seem to have done it. The province has been preemptively evacuated.”
The President also urged Masbate residents to relay their needs to all concerned government agencies, particularly the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), and to their provincial and respective municipal governments.
“That’s why we are here first and we are making sure that all of you are supported by various agencies of our government. So, don’t hesitate. If you have any needs, tell any agency,” President Marcos said.







