Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Today's Print

Cebu airports, seaports ‘remain safe, fully operational’ after quake

The Department of Transportation (DOTr) on Wednesday assured the public that all airports and seaports in Cebu “remain safe and fully operational” following the magnitude-6.9 earthquake that hit the province on Tuesday evening.

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. immediately instructed the Transportation Department to inspect these facilities to ensure the safety of both personnel and passengers.

- Advertisement -

The inspections confirmed that no visible damage was sustained in local airports and seaports, with all staff and passengers safe. Transport services have since continued as normal.

“Our colleagues in the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) and the Philippine Ports Authority (PPA) immediately inspected our airports and seaports in the Visayas after the earthquake,” Acting Transportation Secretary Giovanni Lopez said in a mix of English and Filipino.

“And so far, no damage has been reported, so our services continue for our passengers. Nonetheless, we continue to monitor all the facilities of the DOTr,” he added.

The Transportation Department said it is closely monitoring the situation and is in constant coordination with concerned local authorities and relevant agencies.

Meanwhile, Philippine Airlines (PAL) issued an advisory for passengers who may still need to adjust their plans, offering flight rebooking or ticket conversion into travel credits for use on future bookings.

“Following the recent earthquake in Cebu, we assure our passengers that all Philippine Airlines flights from Cebu are operating on schedule, and that the Mactan-Cebu International Airport has resumed normal operations,” PAL management said.

“We remain ready to assist all passengers departing from Cebu,” it added.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img