Speaker Faustino Dy III was summoned Wednesday by the Palace-created Independent Commission on Infrastructure (ICI) to provide inputs on the latter’s investigation on the anomalous flood control projects.
As of press time, the Office of the Speaker has yet to give any information on what Dy has reported to the ICI.
Dy’s engagement with the ICI came as the Bicol Saro Rep. Terry Ridon, overall of the House Infrastructure Committee, announced the suspension of the mega-panel’s hearings on the matter.
Dy last week said the House would cooperate with the ICI probe and that he agreed to suspend the congressional inquiries on the flood control mess to give way to the ICI probe.
This developed as incumbent Surigao del Sur Rep. Romeo Momo, Sr., a former Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) undersecretary, proposed the hiring of third-party private auditing firm by the agency to ensure that government projects, including flood control projects, are implemented well properly.
“During our time with Secretary Singson, he really changed a lot of policies in implementing a project. We have a Bureau of Quality and Safety under the DPWH, which inspects the projects, but aside from that, we have a third-party auditor who checks on the progress of the project,” Momo said.
“It was removed when we left the agency. That should be brought back,” Momo added.
Momo served as DPWH undersecretary under then Secretary Rogelio Singson from 2010 to 2016 or the administration of the late President Benigno S. Aquino III.
Dy backs proposed third parties to audit DPWH projects
- Advertisement -
Leave a review
Popular Categories







