The Philippine Embassy in Islamabad, which has jurisdiction over Afghanistan, reported that there were no Filipino casualties or injuries following the magnitude 6.0 earthquake that struck eastern Afghanistan on August 31, 2025.
In a statement released Wednesday, the embassy said the provinces of Kunar, Nangarhar, and Laghman were the most severely affected by the tremor.
“The Philippine Embassy is currently aware of seven Filipino nationals in Afghanistan, all of whom are based in or around Kabul, and none are located in Jalalabad or Nangarhar Province,” the statement said.
It added that embassy officials had already established contact with several Filipinos in Kabul and were continuing efforts to verify the status of the remaining individuals.
Reports said the quake injured at least 2,800 people and killed nearly 800, with its epicenter located about 27 kilometers northeast of Jalalabad.







