Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Today's Print

Torre: Don’t pity me, but millions of Filipinos facing constant floods

Former Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Gen. Nicolas Torre III on Friday released a video message thanking his supporters, whom he described as his “strength and inspiration” after he was relieved as top cop earlier this week.

“First of all, a big thank you to my supporters. I feel your love and trust. In the midst of everything that has happened and is happening, your words and prayers serve, have served, and will serve as my strength and inspiration,” Torre said in a mix of English and Filipino.

- Advertisement -

The former police chief called on Filipinos not to pity him, but to instead pity the people affected by the perennial problem of flooding nationwide.

“Thank you also to those who pitied me, but I ask you: do not pity me. In spite of my abrupt removal as chief of the Philippine National Police, I am okay,” Torre said.

“If there is anyone we should pity, it is the millions of our countrymen who are repeatedly victims of constant flooding. They are the ones who truly need help and care at this time because they should not be the ones who always suffer and suffer during the rainy season,” he added.

Meanwhile, the former PNP chief said that he does not have any hard feelings toward President Ferdinand Marcos Jr., noting that he understands the President’s decision.

“I am still a policeman. I serve and I still continue to serve at the pleasure of the President and our country,” Torre concluded.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img