Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Today's Print

Face Senate flood control probe or risk arrest—Chiz

Senate President Francis Escudero urged contractors linked to questionable flood control projects to attend the upcoming Senate Blue Ribbon Committee hearing or face legal consequences.

“They need to clarify this matter, and if they do not follow the Senate’s subpoena, the next step will be an arrest warrant that I will not hesitate to sign,” he warned.

- Advertisement -

The committee is investigating allegations of corruption involving flood control projects that were funded but allegedly left unfinished. Escudero confirmed he has signed all subpoenas requested by the committee to compel representatives of the firms to appear on September 1.

He said the documents were signed last week and will be served within the current week to ensure compliance. “It is only proper to look into and scrutinize this because with accusations spreading everywhere, it is necessary to investigate and punish whoever is behind them,” the Senate chief said.

Escudero added that the inquiry should also shed light on systemic issues in government procurement and project execution. Beyond exposing anomalies, he said the probe must also address conflicts of interest involving public officials who act as contractors.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img