Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Today's Print

Around 12K cops to be deployed for Marcos’ 4th SONA — PNP

Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief General Nicolas Torre III on Monday said that around 12,000 personnel will be deployed for President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.’s fourth State of the Nation Address (SONA) on July 28.

“Around 12,000 personnel are being deployed and other law enforcement agencies and civilian support units for this activity in the House of Representatives,” Torre said in a press briefing at Camp Crame in Quezon City.

- Advertisement -

He added that the PNP will deploy an advance team on July 26, while full deployment will take place on July 27 until the early hours of July 28.

Meanwhile, the PNP Chief clarified that no threats have been monitored so far by their intelligence gathering team.

“We are not monitoring any threats. Our usual intelligence estimates are natural. It’s normal, just usual. Our biggest threat right now is weather. Hopefully, the weather will clear up so our deployment will be better,” Torre said.

He also said that they will consult the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) regarding a gun ban to be imposed on the day of the SONA.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img