Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Today's Print

Patidongan names cops tagged in kidnap-slay of ‘sabungeros’

Whistleblower Julie ‘Dondon’ Patidongan on Monday formally filed administrative complaints before the National Police Commission (Napolcom) against the police officers whom he claimed were involved in the alleged kidnap-slay of the ‘missing sabungeros.’

In a press conference held at Napolcom office in Quezon City, Patidongan name dropped over 10 police officers and personnel, who he said participated in the abduction, execution and transportation of the vanished cockfighting enthusiasts from farms to Taal Lake in Batangas.

- Advertisement -

“These cops were the ones who kidnapped the cockfighters from the farm. They were the ones who (also) dumped them in Taal Lake,” Patidongan said. He added that cops were allegedly paid to carry out the mission orders.

The former suspect turned whistleblower—who previously went by the alias ‘Totoy’—was joined by other complainants, who are relatives of the victims. They also filed formal complaints against the police officers at the Napolcom central office.  

The complaint is administrative in nature, which means the penalty could either be suspension or removal from police service, depending on Napolcom’s sanction. 

When asked why these policemen were tapped to reportedly kidnap and kill the ‘sabungeros,’ who were suspected of cheating, Patidongan said “because they were the people from the war on drugs back then—that’s it.”

He identified Col. Jacinto Malinao, Jr. among the cops involved. Patidongan said Malinao is a friend of Celso Salazar—the engineer who was accused as co-conspirator of businessman Charlie ‘Atong’ Ang—adding it was the colonel, who introduced him to then police major and now Lt. Col. Ryan Jay Orapa.

Patidongan previously accused Ang, Salazar and Eric dela Rosa as the alleged masterminds behind the crime. Orapa and Malinao, meanwhile, were among the 12 police officers the whistleblower charged in his complaint-affidavit before Napolcom. 

The whistleblower said around 30 more inactive cops were involved in the disappearance of the ‘sabungeros.’ When asked if he could reveal other names, he mentioned retired Lt. Gen. Jonnel Estomo, the former chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP) National Capital Region Police Office.

“General Estomo, he is a member of Alpha,” Patidongan said. He claimed it was Estomo who encouraged Ang to kill him, so that his problem would be over.

Patidongan also said ‘Team Alpha’ receives a monthly income from the gambling tycoon. “When they say Alpha, they are included in the P70 million share,” he said, noting there were three other groups likely receiving money. 

Napolcom Vice Chairperson and Executive Officer Rafael Vicente Calinisan said he has yet to review the complaint. But based on Patidongan’s testimony, there are possible administrative cases that will be filed against the 12 cops for grave misconduct and conduct unbecoming of a police officer.

Patidongan also mentioned former Talisay Batangas Vice-Mayor Charlie Natanuan among political personalities involved. He said this was based on information shared with him by one of the policemen. “He (Natanuan) is the one who received people to be slaughtered.”

PNP chief Gen. Nicolas Torre III confirmed that these officers are the ones listed under restrictive custody in Camp Crame, Quezon City.

Of the 15, Torre said 11 were active, one retired, while three were dismissed even before the news about their involvement in the case surfaced. The highest ranked among them is a lieutenant colonel.

Torre added that more cops might be linked to the case as the investigation deepens. He also welcomed the decision of Patidongan to file a complaint affidavit before Napolcom against the policemen.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img