Whistleblower Julie “Dondon” Patidongan said he will file a case against gaming tycoon Charlie “Atong” Ang and 15 police officers whom he accused of being involved in the case of the missing “sabungeros.”
As this developed, two more sacks containing what are believed to be human bones were retrieved by technical divers of the Philippine Coast Guard on Saturday during the ongoing search for the remains of the disappeared “sabungeros” in Taal Lake.
Divers have since recovered five sacks from the lake.
For his part, Patidongan, who previously went by the alias “Totoy,” said he will go to the National Police Commission tomorrow (Monday) to file a complaint against the 15 cops he accused of having a hand in the disappearance and killing of the cockfighting enthusiasts.
He also told dzBB that one of the police officers has a fishery at Taal Lake where the missing “sabungeros” were likely dumped.
“This police officer is active. He is likely at Camp Crame,” Patidongan said.
He said he will also file countercharges against Ang, who earlier accused him of attempted robbery with violence and intimidation as well as grave threat and grave coercion.
“On Monday, I will respond to Mr. Atong Ang, and I will file a case against him,” Patidongan said.
Patidongan worked at the Manila Arena cockpit and was one of the six accused of kidnapping and serious illegal detention in the missing “sabungeros” case. He was among those ordered arrested by prosecutors from the Manila Regional Trial Court in 2022.
He was released on bail and is now placed under police protective custody.
The Department of Justice, for its part, said Patidongan’s testimony appeared to be credible given the recovery of sacks of bones in Taal, even as forensic experts still have to determine whether these are human remains.
“He is credible especially since he pointed to the location of where the remains of the victims were dumped. And now sacks of bones are being recovered,” DOJ Undersecretary Raul Vasquez said.
“These are all developments that really support his statement – the real evidence,” he added.
Should the bones match the DNA of the family members of the missing “sabungeros,” Vasquez said it would “complete” the case.
“It will become a murder case. There will be an additional charge of murder,” he said.
However, Vasquez warned it would be a “bigger problem” if the DNA does not match.
“That will mean a separate crime we do not know about. There is a grieving family somewhere who lost a relative,” he said.







