The Group of Seven (G7) agreed that they would not let Iran develop nuclear weapons, or let China continue to destabilize the situation in the South China Sea, the United States said.
In a statement, State Department Spokesperson Tammy Bruce said their united stand on potential global flashpoints became clear after State Secretary Marco Rubio met with G7 foreign ministers during North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Summit 2025 in the Netherlands on Wednesday.
Rubio and the foreign ministers discussed President Trump’s decisive action against Iran’s key nuclear facilities, she added.
According to Bruce, the G7 agreed Iran can never develop or acquire a nuclear weapon and reviewed next steps to promote a durable peace between Israel and Iran.
“Additionally, they spoke about the importance of maintaining peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait, deepening cooperation on China’s destabilizing actions in the South China Sea, and the role of G7 countries in maintaining a free and open Indo-Pacific region,” she disclosed.
To recall, Israel launched the surprise air war on June 13, attacking Iranian nuclear facilities and killing top military commanders in the worst blow to the Islamic Republic since the 1980s war with Iraq.
Iran, which denies trying to build nuclear weapons, retaliated with barrages of missiles on Israeli military sites and cities.
Meanwhile, China last week hit Philippine civilian vessels with water cannons during its fuel and goods distribution in Panatag Shoal.
Most allied nations of the Philippines have since denounced Beijing’s continued aggression.







