spot_img
29.6 C
Philippines
Monday, June 24, 2024

Cops see worst scenario on 34 lost ‘sabungeros’

- Advertisement -

The Philippine National Police (PNP) has feared “the worst” over the fate of 34 missing cockfight aficionados.

PNP chief Gen. Rodolfo Azurin Jr., at a press briefing on Monday, could not say if they have proof of life about the disappearances.

“For now, we cannot confirm if there is proof of life because so far what we have unearthed little by little were just cellphones and pieces of evidence. We expect the worst,” he said.

Azurin vowed to serve justice to the families of the missing “sabungeros.”

Earlier, the PNP said there was still no credible lead on the whereabouts of the 34 “sabungeros” who have been missing since last year.

The Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) has released composite sketches of two suspects in the disappearance of Michael Bautista, one of the 34 missing, in Sta, Cruz, Laguna.

One of the suspects was identified as “Dondon,” who was also being linked to the disappearance of some cockfight enthusiasts in Manila.

Initially, complaints were filed against eight identified suspects and several John Does involved in the Manila Arena case, and against five police personnel and their cohorts in the Ricardo Lasco kidnapping case early this year, the CIDG said.

LATEST NEWS

Popular Articles