Thursday, May 21, 2026
Today's Print

Tag: Office of Civil Defense

Minor eruptions over Taal Volcano alarm people

The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) reported on Sunday morning three separate eruptions over Taal Volcano in Batangas, causing alarm among social...

Enhanced disaster preparedness eyed

Defense Secretary and concurrent National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) chairman Gilberto Teodoro Jr. has directed the Office of Civil Defense (OCD)...

M5.8 aftershock jolts Bogo City, death toll stands at 75

The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) reported Monday that Bogo City, Cebu has been struck anew by a shallow magnitude-5.8 aftershock with...

Civil Defense verifies 3 quake related deaths

The Office of Civil Defense (OCD) is verifying three reported deaths attributed to the effects of the magnitude-7.4 earthquake that destroyed buildings and forced...

Philippine military troops respond to Davao quake

The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) has deployed troops to assist in rescue and relief operations in areas affected by the powerful earthquake...

Quake claims 1 in Davao Oriental—Civil Defense

One person has died after being hit by falling debris during the magnitude 7.4 earthquake that rocked Davao Oriental and nearby areas in Mindanao...

Civil Defense seeks tighter coordination in aid delivery

The Office of Civil Defense (OCD) in Central Visayas has called on donors and organizations to coordinate with authorities before distributing relief goods to...

Water Donation

Manila Water Philippine Ventures (MWPV) and Manila Water Foundation (MWF), in partnership with the Armed Forces of the Philippines and the Office of Civil...

Phivolcs traces Bogo Bay fault

Runs 1.5-km from offshore, triggers ruptures, sink holes inland THE Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology said the “newly-named Bogo Bay Fault” caused the Sept....

Cebuanos struggle to rebuild amid daily aftershocks, trauma

While search and rescue operations in Bogo City and nearby areas have been declared complete, authorities are now turning their attention to the more...

Rising toll: ‘Opong’ related deaths may soar to 42

The Office of Civil Defense (OCD) said Tuesday (September 30) that 15 additional fatalities possibly linked to Severe Tropical Storm ‘Opong’ are being validated in Bicol...

Storm casualties climb to 26, millions in distress—NDRRMC

The death toll from tropical cyclones Mirasol, Nando, Opong, and the Southwest Monsoon (Habagat) has climbed to 26, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and...

Air Force transports 88 stranded tourists from Batanes

Eighty-eight tourists who had been stranded in Batanes for more than a week due to stormy weather were flown back to Manila on Thursday,...

Masbate worst-hit during ‘Opong’ onslaught

Severe Tropical Storm “Opong” claimed 10 lives in Eastern Visayas and Bicol with Masbate suffering the worst impact, according to the Office of Civil...
- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img