The Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR) on Tuesday clarified that a document now circulating online on the removal of a requirement to secure its clearance for certain land transactions has not been officially issued by Secretary Conrado Estrella III.
The agency’s head executive assistant, lawyer Nestor Ifurung Jr., confirmed the document is still in draft form and remains under review, including consultations with concerned government agencies and key stakeholders.
An investigation is in progress to determine how the draft document was circulated without authorization, he said.
He warned that those found responsible may face appropriate administrative, civil, or criminal sanctions in accordance with laws and regulations.
DAR is advising the public to refrain from relying on or further circulating the draft document and to wait for official issuances released through proper government channels.
It pointed out that the circulating document has no legal force or effect and cannot be used as a basis for any land transaction, proceeding, or official action.
According to Ifurung, discussions are being conducted to ensure that any future policy remains consistent with existing laws and protects the rights and interests of all parties involved.
Estrella’s signature appearing in the draft document was affixed only as a preparatory administrative measure in anticipation of his official travel abroad and does not mean that the document had been approved for release or finalized.
“As of now, the studies and consultations on the matter have not yet been completed, and the document therefore remains unissued and non-binding,” DAR said.
DAR was referring to the online document claiming it had issued an order purportedly removing the requirement of securing the agency’s clearance on land transactions involving private agricultural lands and the transfer of awarded agricultural lands under Republic Act 6657, or the Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Law, as amended.







