The Philippine Embassy in Israel confirmed that a 30-year-old Filipino worker sustained a moderate leg injury following a missile strike in Arad on the evening of March 21 amid ongoing regional tensions in the Middle East.
In a statement issued Monday night, the embassy said the injured Filipino, whose identity was withheld, is currently receiving treatment at Soroka Medical Center.
“The Embassy’s rapid reaction team immediately visited him at the hospital on 22 March to check on his condition and provide emergency assistance,” the statement read.
The embassy added that its team also visited Filipinos in Arad and Dimona whose apartments sustained minor damage, to assess their condition and distribute food assistance.
“They are temporarily staying with fellow Filipinos, while some are being accommodated in a hotel near the Dead Sea,” the embassy said.
It also assured that it will continue monitoring the injured worker’s recovery and the welfare of Filipinos affected by the conflict, including the provision of psychosocial and mental health support.
Earlier this month, Mary Ann V. De Vera, a 32-year-old caregiver from Pangasinan, was killed while helping her ward reach a bomb shelter during a retaliatory attack launched by Iran.
According to the Department of Foreign Affairs, around 2 million Filipino workers are in the Middle East, with 586 still awaiting repatriation and 1,199 seeking assistance as of March 24.







