National Security Adviser Eduardo Año on Wednesday filed another set of complaints before the Department of Justice (DOJ) against lawyer Levi Baligod and 18 individuals claiming to be former Marines.
Aside from Año, former senator Sonny Trillanes, Mamamayang Liberal Party-list Rep. Leila de Lima, and 2025 Ramon Magsaysay Awardee Fr. Flaviano Villanueva have also filed complaints against the supposed former soldiers.
“I filed another case against the 18 allegedly ex-Marines and to include Atty. Baligod… Nagfile ako ng kasong cyberlibel at saka perjury. Last week ay nagfile ako ng Article 154 of the Revised Penal Code as amended or unlawful use of means of publication and unlawful utterances,” Año told justice reporters.
“Iyong isa, unlawful publication parang fake news. Ito, it is more on personal, cyberlibel at saka perjury… Doon lang ako concerned sa malicious imputations and publications directed against me,” he added.
Año said the complaints seek to determine who among the individuals made fabricated statements and who allegedly included his name in an attempt to discredit the National Security Council (NSC).
Earlier, Año denied claims that he received a paper bag – supposedly containing a bribe — following a meeting with lawmakers, an allegation contained in the affidavit of the former soldiers.







