Thursday, May 21, 2026
Today's Print

Customs to auction seized Discaya luxury vehicles

​The Bureau of Customs (BOC) is set to hold another public auction of seized luxury vehicles owned by the Discaya family on Wednesday.

​The auction is part of the agency’s ongoing efforts to dispose of high-value assets confiscated due to alleged customs violations.

- Advertisement -

​The BOC said a total of 10 luxury vehicles will be offered to the public during the auction, scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m. The event will take place at the BOC office at the Port of Manila, and interested bidders are expected to attend in person.

​Among the most notable items are two rare supercars: a blue 2017 Bugatti Chiron and a red 2019 Bugatti Chiron.

The BOC announced that all vehicles will be available for public viewing from February 5 to 6.

​Customs Commissioner Ariel Nepomuceno said proceeds from such auctions go to the government, supporting public funds after legal and administrative requirements are met.

​The BOC reiterated its commitment to transparency and due process in handling seized goods. As part of its enforcement efforts, the BOC recovered 30 motor vehicles linked to the Discaya family, who were previously cited in a Senate investigation on alleged anomalous flood control projects.

​Thirteen of the vehicles were found to have violated customs laws and were issued Warrants of Seizure and Detention. Five forfeited vehicles have already been auctioned, generating P47.762 million for the National Treasury.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img