Balanga City, Bataan—For the first time in eight months, Bataan registered no new COVID-19 case.
Provincial Information Officer Angel OL Lara said that based on the Provincial Health Office’s report last November 2, no one was positive among 119 people who were contact-traced and tested for the coronavirus.
She said a consistent downward trend of new infections was observed since last week, averaging less than 20 cases per day for the period October 25 to November 2.
The development brings down the number of active cases in the province to 166, while the recovered cases increased to 2,606, according to PIO reporter Eunice Ordonio.
As of November 2, the total number of confirmed cases remains at 2,827, with 55 deaths, 26,588 tested negative and 281 still awaiting results. Since January 31, the total number of people tested has reached 26,696.
To keep these figures low, Gov. Albert Garcia has continuously been implementing preventive measures and conducting expanded testing, facilitating the opening of a second molecular laboratory in Mariveles, and implementing strict border control utilizing the quick response code system, the PHO report said.
The Bataan PIO, under Lara’s watch, has performed efficiently, reaching the people of the province for vital information in dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic, Garcia said.