Total investments approved by the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) fell to P12.86 billion in January 2026 from P30.15 billion a year earlier, the agency said Wednesday.
Despite the decline in total value, the number of approved projects rose to 18 from 12 in January 2025. These new ventures are projected to generate 1,005 jobs and $59.74 million in exports, compared with 3,270 jobs and $31.18 million in the same month last year. The data underscore a shift toward smaller projects characterized by higher export intensity.
The approvals include 13 locator enterprises and five ecozone developers, which officials say signals continued investor confidence in the Philippines as a competitive destination for export-oriented business.
“Investors today are taking a more deliberate approach, prioritizing resilience, efficiency and long-term value,” PEZA director-general Tereso Panga said.
Panga said the country’s stable fundamentals allow export-oriented investments to move forward with confidence.
The projects are geographically diverse, spanning the National Capital Region and provinces including Laguna, Cavite, Batangas, Cebu, Camarines Sur, Misamis Occidental and General Santos City.
Trade Secretary Cristina Roque, who chairs the PEZA board, said the spread of investments ensures more regions benefit from global trade and inclusive growth.
International investors from Japan, the Netherlands, Hong Kong, Singapore and China contributed to the January approvals. Japan emerged as the top source of investment for the month.
Three large-scale projects led the month’s activity. These include a P5-billion tourism ecozone in Parañaque City and two developments in Misamis Occidental and Batangas with a combined investment of P5.9 billion.
For the full year 2026, PEZA is targeting P300 billion in investments and 100,000 new jobs.
The agency expects to reach these goals through policy stability, ease of doing business and the continued competitiveness of its economic zones.







