Authorities have so far apprehended a total of 18,862 people from May 6 to 10 for not wearing face masks properly amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Interior Secretary Eduardo Año said Monday.
In a televised meeting with President Rodrigo Duterte, Año reported that of this number, 9,379 were given a warning, 8,027 were fined, 491 rendered community service, 904 were arrested, and 61 were subjected to inquest proceedings.
- Advertisement -
President Rodrigo Duterte last week ordered the arrest of people who are caught not properly wearing a face mask.
Año said he and Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra are discussing guidelines on the implementation of rules on wearing face masks and the prohibition on mass gatherings.
- Advertisement -





