Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Today's Print

Lawyer confirms Atong Ang is seeking reversal of indictment

Businessman Charlie “Atong” Ang has sought to overturn his indictment on homicide and kidnapping charges linked to the disappearance of several cockfight enthusiasts after filing a motion for reconsideration, his lawyer confirmed on Wednesday, December 17.

In a message to reporters, Ang’s counsel, Lawyer Gabriel Villareal, said their camp had already submitted the motion to the Department of Justice (DOJ). He did not provide further details, but earlier described the DOJ decision as suffering from “clear factual gaps and substantial inconsistencies.”

- Advertisement -

Justice spokesperson Atty. Polo Martinez said the filing of a motion for reconsideration will not suspend or delay the filing of information in court. He added that the information has already been drafted and is pending review.

Ang was earlier indicted on 10 counts of kidnapping with homicide and 16 counts of kidnapping with serious illegal detention.

Meanwhile, Ang’s camp criticized Interior Secretary Jonvic Remulla’s remarks on the possible issuance of an arrest warrant. Villareal described the statements as “reckless and dangerous,” warning they could be interpreted as a shoot-to-kill order, and stressed that no arrest warrant has yet been issued by any court.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img