Monday, May 18, 2026
Today's Print

Singson to join DPWH technical working group—Dizon

Public Works Secretary Vince Dizon said Monday that former public works chief Rogelio “Babes” Singson will be part of a technical group of experts that will review and assess future flood control projects, following his resignation from the Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI).

Singson stepped down from the ICI earlier this month, citing the stressful nature of the work. The commission is tasked with recommending charges against individuals implicated in anomalous flood control and relief projects.

- Advertisement -

Dizon said Singson will join a “very important” technical working group under the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) that will evaluate all flood control projects moving forward.

He said no flood control project would be approved without clearance from the technical working group of experts, which includes Singson.

Meanwhile, Dizon dismissed calls for him to seek higher office in the 2028 national elections, saying he is not a politician.

He said running for public office was “never going to happen,” emphasizing that he considers himself a career worker, who has served in and out of government for nearly three decades.

Dizon said he plans to return to the private sector after his term as DPWH secretary but added that he would always accept a call to serve—if asked.

He also brushed aside praise and criticism on social media regarding his performance in the Marcos Cabinet, saying his job is not to please people but to do his work.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img